Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
“Personal injury” is a term that can refer to a lot of different circumstances and outcomes. In fact, it’s common for personal injury survivors to question whether they have legal standing. Some believe their injuries aren’t severe enough or that something about what happened to them disqualifies them from legal help.
- Usually, if you’ve suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to pursue compensation in a personal injury case.
The Definition of Personal Injury
According to Cornell Law School, personal injury is defined as any injury that occurs to the “body, mind, or emotions.”
Many people think that personal injury laws only protect people who have been physically injured. However, personal injury actually includes mental and emotional harm in many circumstances as well.
Suzuki Law Offices Serves Injured Arizona Residents
At Suzuki Law Offices, our team of trained legal professionals is prepared to assist personal injury victims and their families. Our skilled injury attorneys have served as former prosecutors — either at the state or federal level, or both.
- We know what things look like from the other side of the courtroom; our commitment to nuanced, results-driven advocacy helps our clients when they need it most.
We serve victims of a variety of types of personal injuries, most often involving:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Distracted drivers
- Intersection accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Drunk drivers
- Rear-end accidents
- Uninsured motorists
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
If you or someone you love has been injured in the Phoenix area, Suzuki Law Offices can help. Reach out to us online today or call us at (602) 962-2017. You’ll be connected with a trained professional who can answer your questions.
When Should I See A Doctor If I’ve Been Injured?
If you have sustained injuries of any kind, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Regardless of the type of injury or level of severity, prompt medical attention is crucial.
- Even if you receive emergency medical treatment or have to spend time in the hospital, book an appointment with your regular doctor as soon as possible
- Your doctor will be able to follow up with what has occurred so that they can continue to give you personalized care
- Doctors will also look for delayed symptoms that could appear some time after the initial injury
How Do I Know I Have a Personal Injury Case in Arizona?
Contacting an experienced personal injury attorney is the first step in determining the validity of your potential injury claim and establishing the proper next steps to take in order to seek compensation. A skilled injury lawyer will be able to walk you through the steps, set realistic expectations and even help you with medical care.
How is Fault Established in a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury takes place when someone causes injury to another person. Fault is established when circumstances meet the following requirements:
- The accused has a duty to the victim (such as how all drivers have a duty to keep other drivers and passengers safe when on roadways).
- The accused violated or failed to fulfill that duty in some way.
- The violation or negligence caused the victim to be injured.
Establishing fault is one of many reasons that personal injury victims choose to hire personal injury lawyers for representation and seeking maximum compensation for injuries and losses. The process is often time-consuming and is quite complex without the proper legal experience. A personal injury lawyer will have the background needed to prove fault and seek the proper compensation for injured parties.
How Long Will My Phoenix Personal Injury Case Take?
Many factors influence how long personal injury cases last.
- Some are resolved through a settlement, which is usually somewhat faster than the alternative of going to trial.
- Usually, cases that involve especially severe injuries or physical damages take longer to finish.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re planning to meet with a personal injury lawyer, there are some questions you should be ready to ask. These will help you learn about the attorney’s experience and determine whether they’re a good fit for you.
- How much experience do you have handling cases like mine?
- Who else will work on my case? Will you work with experts from other industries?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my case?
- What do you think my case might be worth?
- What is my role in the legal process?
What Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Phoenix?
Many of our clients have questions about what they can receive compensation for after a personal injury. Here are some damages you may be able to recover in court if you’ve suffered personal injury:
- Medical bills: Including past, present, and future medical bills; emergency transport, specialized medical care, etc.
- Physical damages: If, for example, your car was damaged in a car accident
- Pain and suffering: Some injuries cause victims exceptional pain; pain and suffering damages are sometimes awarded in these cases
- Loss of wages or reduced earning capacity: If your injury caused you to miss work or has changed your ability to work in the future
Personal Injury Lawyers in Phoenix, Arizona
When someone is injured due to another person’s negligence or recklessness, it has the potential to change their lives forever. The team at Suzuki Law Offices is prepared to help you fight to minimize the damages you’ve faced due to your injury.
Contact us online or call our firm at (602) 962-2017 to schedule a consultation with a legal professional today.